A Pegasus Diploma in Personal Training is one of the most highly regarded qualifications in the industry. It immerses you in all aspects of health and fitness through completion of both the Level 2 Fitness Instructor and Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualifications.
Discover how to design safe, effective training programmes by learning about the systems of the body, principles of training and professional practice. Then develop a deeper understanding of training approaches, nutrition, lifestyle analysis, fitness testing and motivational techniques. The outcome is gaining a range of highly sought after skills that allow you to embark on a career in the fitness industry!
The course can be completed on a full-time basis over 6 weeks or choose our unique blended learning option. This totally flexible education experience allows you to tailor learning around your schedule, combining home study, online learning and practical workshops over a bespoke period of time.
On successful completion you will be eligible for Level 3 status on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP’s) and achieve 52 REP’s CPD points.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (2 weeks)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Concepts & Components of Fitness
- Planning and Delivering a Gym Session
- Health, Safety & Professionalism
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (4 weeks)
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Health & Fitness Appraisals, Lifestyle Analysis & Stress Management
- Principles & Practice of Personal Training (including core training and delivering personal training outside the gym)
- Nutritional advice
- Adapting physical activity for special population conditions including obesity, diabetes and asthma
- Advanced client assessment methods to address movement impairment
- Fitness testing for endurance, strength, flexibility and power
- Consultation and business skills
Introduction to Studio Cycling
Introduction to Circuit Training