A certificate in gym instruction is the first step toward a career in the health and fitness industry. The course will teach you to design safe and effective cardiovascular and resistance training programmes. Our guidance, support and comprehensive learning resources will help you develop the practical skills and underpinning knowledge you need to begin your career.
The course can be completed on a full-time basis over 2 weeks or choose our unique blended learning option. This totally flexible education experience allows you to tailor learning around your schedule, combining home study, online learning and practical workshops over a bespoke period of time.
On successful completion you will be eligible for Level 2 status on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP’s) and achieve 24 REP’s CPD points.
Anatomy & Physiology
- Understand the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body.
- Understand the bodies cardiovascular and energy systems.
Concepts & Components of Fitness
- Learn the theory, benefits and practice of aerobic, resistance, flexibility and core training.
Planning and Delivering a Gym Session
- Develop excellent practical skills that allow you to effectively plan, teach and evaluate a gym programme.
- Learn to deliver a gym induction using correct techniques on a range of free weights, resistance machines and
- cardiovascular equipment.
Health, Safety & Professionalism
- Develop good customer care practices.
- Understand the application of health and safety in a gym environment.